MissionFounded in 2002 by Dr. Patricia A. Ronald Riba, Dr. Riba's Health Club (DrRHC) specializes in children ages 0 to 18 and their families, taking a comprehensive approach to the prevention and treatment of childhood obesity, diabetes, and Failure to Thrive. DrRHC offers a variety of programs and services aimed at addressing the health needs of children and their families most at risk for obesity and diabetes.
DrRHC has been nominated for the Governor's Council on Fitness and Sports Organization of the Year by Senator Harman in 2009, and Dr. Riba has received a 2010 Agent of Change Award from the Children and Families Commission and a 2010 Excellence in Philanthropy Award from the Orange County Community Foundation. Most recently, Dr. Riba earned the CalOptima 2012 Circle of Care Award for excellence in quality service and Senator Lou Correa's Woman Making a Difference Award in 2013. The program is increasingly being recognized throughout Orange County as a promising approach to some of the most important children's health issues of our time.
Our VisionChildren and families feeding well, feeling well, living well.
Our MissionTo promote healthy lifestyles in children, families, and communities by addressing medical, nutritional, social, economic and behavioral issues in a comprehensive, compassionate, and empowering manner.
Our Core Values
- Listen and be compassionate
- Recognize and respect each family's uniqueness, providing individualized approaches to treatment and comprehensive care
- Educate and empower families
- Give families hope and support to trust service providers, navigate the medical system, and gain access to community resources
- Be dedicated and passionate about patient care
- Work as a team, valuing each member's perspective and expertise
- Be resourceful and innovative
- Use research methods to assess strengths and opportunities for improvement