November/December - Recipe of the Month
Butternut Squash Soup
- Measuring spoons
- Cutting knife
- Cutting board
- Apple core remover
- Measuring cup
- Large pot
- 8 bowls
- 8 spoons
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 medium onion, finely chopped
- 2 medium carrots, diced
- 1 small butternut squash, peeled, deseeded and chopped
- 1 large Granny Smith apple, peeled, cored and cut into pieces
- 1 quart low-sodium chicken or vegetable broth
- Sauté onions and carrots in oil until softened, about 5-7 minutes.
- Add chopped squash and apple and cook for 2 minutes. Add broth.
- Bring to a boil, then cover and simmer for 20 minutes.
- Transfer to a blender and puree until smooth, working in two batches if necessary.
November/December - Activity of the Month
Go for a hike somewhere you have never been before for at least 30 minutes.